Publisher: Delta Publishing
At some time or other most of us have to make a presentation of some sort. Speaking to an audience can be a very challenging experience in one’s own language, let alone in a foreign one.
Presenting addresses both the skills and the language required for giving effective presentations.
DELTA Business Communication Skills provides students with the skills they need to communicate effectively and confidently in English, in a variety of business contexts. The series adopts a learner-centred and highly practical approach, helping students to develop the key communication and language skills essential for today’s international business environment.
Each title in the series consists of a book and audio CD, designed for students with a pre-intermediate or intermediate level of English. The content and examples are up to date and very relevant to anyone working – or planning to work – internationally. The series can be used either in class or for self-study.
The six units cover:
- The first few minutes.
- Using equipment.
- Organizing what you want to say.
- Maintaining interest.
- Dealing with problems and questions.
- Summarizing and concluding.
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Presenting is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.