Publisher: Delta Publishing
Level: B1 – B2
Telephoning works with the skills and language required to conduct successful phone calls in English.
DELTA Business Communication Skills provides students with the skills they need to communicate effectively and confidently in English, in a variety of business contexts. The series adopts a learner-centred and highly practical approach, helping students to develop the key communication and language skills essential for today’s international business environment.
Each title in the series consists of a book and audio CD, designed for students with a pre-intermediate or intermediate level of English. The content and examples are up to date and very relevant to anyone working – or planning to work – internationally. The series can be used either in class or for self-study.
The units cover:
- focus on listening
- making calls
- receiving calls
- receiving and leaving messages
- dealing with problems
- conference calls
- Individual Needs analysis and Learning journal
- Awareness-raising activities
- Extensive personalized exercises
- Tips for effective performance in business
- Helpful suggestions for language study
- Regular language reference and review sections
- Photocopiable resources for further practice
- An integrated audio CD
- Full audio script and answer key
Telephoning is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.