Publisher: Compass Publishing
Reading for the Real Word Second Edition is a four-book series designed for high school and university students who are seeking to improve their fluency and comprehension skills in English. All reading passages have been revised and updated to include current issues.
The wide range of topics presented in each book will appeal to students with diverse interests while exposing language learners to useful vocabulary items commonly encountered in academic readings from various fields. Each reading within the Reading for the Real World series is also accompanied by exercises designed to encourage students to explore the reading topics through speaking, writing, and vocabulary activities.
- Thematically organized readings within each book of the series
- Readings have been revised and updated to include current world events and issues to provide insight into topics beyond the classroom
- Supplemental readings included with each passage explore a different area or issue related to the main passage
- Reading exercises designed to hone comprehension skills targeting recognition of main ideas, specific details, and implied information
- Activities also encourage reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Pre-reading and post-reading exercises reinforce vocabulary words encountered in the readings
- Various types of summary activities prepare students to effectively summarize readings concisely
- Audio recordings of reading passages reinforce correct pronunciation and reading fluency