Publisher: Garnet Education
Progressive Skills in English is a four-level course for students who need to study in English. The course targets students with Intermediate to Upper Intermediate English ability (CEF: B1–B2, IELTS: 4.0–6.0) and is perfect for pre- and in-sessional use.
Progressive Skills is the perfect way to build the listening, speaking, reading and writing skills required for lectures, tutorials, research and written assignments in English. It is also ideal for students who wish to improve their scores in skills-based examinations for university entrance, such as IELTS.
- The course uses authentic academic material to prepare students for the reality of university study.
- It is a complete multimedia course, including audio CDs, video DVDs and a dedicated student website, providing everything you and your students need.
- Each level is extremely flexible, allowing you to schedule courses from 25 hours to 120 hours in length, focusing on the skills your students need to develop.
- Unlike traditional tense-based courses, Progressive Skills teaches syntactic grammar, which is more appropriate for studying academic English.
- A focus on discrete skills makes it easier for students to learn.
- Word lists at the beginning of each section help students acquire the key vocabulary they will need for this course and in their wider studies.