Publisher: Garnet Education
[tabs style=”default”] [tab title=”Student’s Book”]
Moving into Tourism & Hospitality is a course for college and university students who need English for their continuing education. It caters for pre-intermediate learners who want to study more effectively and to prepare for a career in tourism and hospitality. It combines carefully controlled development of English-language skills with coverage of key aspects of tourism and hospitality.
- Communicative activities encourage students to become confident, effective communicators.
- A wide range of topics introduce students to the most important and interesting areas of tourism.
- A graded approach to skills enables students to use English effectively. The course teaches transferable skills that students can use both in their wider studies and in their future careers.
- Key vocabulary from the world of tourism and hospitality is highlighted for easy reference and revision.
- Grammar is carefully matched to the skills that are practised in each unit, and students are introduced to the most common language patterns and tenses. An additional Grammar reference section provides extra support.
- End-of-unit round-up sections provide personalized activities, project work and a self-assessment checklist.
The Workbook offers students the chance to practise key points from the Course Book in more depth.
- Ten 6-page units provide a wide range of exercises to reinforce students’ learning. They cover the four skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing, as well as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- The audio CD is packed with additional listening material. As well as dialogues, it includes many pronunciation exercises, which enables students to develop their skills in this important area.
- Transcripts at the back of the book provide complete reference for all the audio recordings.
Unit 1: The business of fun
Unit 2: Things to do
Unit 3: Globetrotters and day trippers
Unit 4: Keeping the customer happy
Unit 5: What’s your motivation?
Unit 6: Starting up
Unit 7: Now you’re talking
Unit 8: Up, up and … down?
Unit 9: Do the right thing
Unit 10: Getting a good job