Author: Manfred Delano Cannegieter
Publisher: Pro Lingua Associates
The activities in Discussion Strategies are designed to help high-intermediate to advanced level ESOL students develop the skills needed at high levels of communicative interaction.
- Students enjoy developing skills needed at high academic and business levels
- Work in real discussion formats: pairs, triads, small groups, large groups, whole class
- Discussion topics are high-interest; no in-depth background knowledge is needed.
- Each unit builds on and recycles previous strategies.
- Clear step-by-step, focused practice of 13 discussion skills: using rejoinders, asking follow-up questions, seeking/giving clarification, using comprehension checks, soliciting and using details, interrupting, expressing opinions, volunteering answers, referring to information and opinion sources, helping discussion leaders, and leading a discussion.