B1-C2, Intermediate to Proficient
In the Collins COBUILD Advanced Learner’s English Dictionary, thousands of set grammatical structures, particularly useful to learners of English, are identified and highlighted. Useful illustrations cover a range of topics, and the Access to English supplement helps the user with hundreds of practical phrases illustrating important structures in areas such as essay-writing, presentations, report-writing and job applications.
The Collins COBUILD Advanced Learner’s English Dictionary provides invaluable and detailed guidance on the English language, and is the complete reference tool for learners of English.
- Attractive two-colour layout
- Definitions in simple English making them easy to understand
- Examples from the Collins Corpus provide great context for words and phrases
- Grammatical information, as well as information on synonyms, pragmatics, and frequency is shown in the Extra Column, which makes it easy to find and use
- Includes a CD-ROM which includes 5 million word Wordbank of authentic text samples (written and spoken), with high quality audio pronunciations for headwords, phrases, derived words, and inflected forms