Publisher: Garnet Education
[tabs style=”default”] [tab title=”Book”]
Career Express is a two-level course specifically developed for students studying business English at a higher level.
The first thing that we have to say about Career Express is that it is written in American English and the recordings feature a nice variety of English accents: American, Canadian, Australian, Irish and more. Beyond that, Career Express covers the core areas of business and economics by focusing on issues which reflect the business world as a whole, such as globalization and the future of work. It concentrates on teaching specialist business language through reading and listening activities, while providing opportunities to use the new language in discussion, role plays and case studies.
- Twelve four-hour units with in-depth practice of business skills, detailed case studies and cross-cultural issues.
- Business Skills section that introduces the skills most needed in business, such as taking part in meetings, using diplomacy at work, describing charts and presenting products.
- Over to you section at the end of each unit with guided web research, extra reading material and writing activities to extend and consolidate learning.
- Audio CDs containing all of the course book listening tracks, including presentations, lectures and conversations.
- Free access to extensive on-line study materialsThe On-line Self Study Materials offer an abundance of additional material including:
- An electronic workbook with interactive practice exercises to consolidate vocabulary, grammar, reading and skills.
- Self-Assessment tests for each unit
- Tailor-made videos with interactive exercises
- The complete Course book listening material as MP3 downloads
Click on the Sample Pages & Links tab at the top right for sample pages!
Unit 1: Applying for an internship
Unit 2: Work and p(l)ay
Unit 3: Customer service
Unit 4: Selling to the consumer
Unit 5: Globalization and international trade
Unit 6: Products and production
Unit 7: Marketing communications
Unit 8: Debts, savings and investments
Unit 9: Company structure
Unit 10: Accounting
Unit 11: Rapidly developing economies
Unit 12: Starting a business